3.19.2009

Pretty in Pink

The Material

The prom isn't until first of May, but we have to get started early. Alex and I went shopping to find a pattern and material. When I get into a fabric store, I go nuts. I love material. My creative juices get going. Oh.......I forgot.....this is about the prom dress. Alex will have a one of a kind dress. I made her dress last year modeled after the one Kate Hudson wore on "How to lose a Man in 10 Days". The one she has chosen this year is a lot more fluffy! Another challenge.

Below is the dress it will be based on.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ooooo. I like it! Talk about Cinderella.

I'm also impressed that anyone could actually sew such a thing. I do well to re-attach a button.

Be blessed,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! Will be anxious to see pictures of Alex in her dress. She's beautiful anyway, so this will make her really beautiful!
Hugs,
Peggy

a little leprechaun said...

I. can. not. WAIT!! The dress is gorgeous!! And the material is absolutely beautiful!! Can not wait to see the finished results!!