4.22.2009

Earth Day

Today is Earth Day. A day to revisit the idea of reuse, reduce and recycle. If you would take a trip to your local land fill, you will realize in short order the importance of reusing, reducing and recycling. Our local land fill has become 'affectionately' known as Mt Rushmore. It can be seen from my parents front yard. There is so much we individually can do to reduce the waste that is deposited daily.





Below are a few ideas from the Martha Stewart Living website for using items around out homes to be cost effective and reuse items.

Various bottles used as a centerpiece
Old discarded sweaters used as chair seat covers

Melting down old candle left overs to create new ones

Wash and reuse plastic baggies


Have a Happy Earth Day.....

Help to preserve this beautiful earth the Lord has given us.


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm pretty resourceful but I must say I do generate way too much garbage. I've just never been able to re-use tin foil, or Saran. I think my mom and my mother-in-law cured me. Their depression era experience gave them an appreciation for frugality which, by today's standards, was totally "green"! Who knew?

Bless the Lord for earth. His creation is well worth caring for as good/grateful stewards!

Kathleen

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Victoria said...

Hi! I used those tiny bottles for table decor at my wedding; they were actually salt/pepper shakers. We put one tiny flower stem in each- they were really cute! I wish I had the blue one pictured here.