4.11.2009

In My Easter Bonnet

Easter is a time for the Easter Bunny.

When Jane and I were young (many many years ago !) Mother always made us new dresses to wear to Grandma and Grandpa Wagoner's for the Easter get together. We got new shoes, hats and dresses. Mother sometimes even made us new coats. Mother took lots of care to make us special pretty dresses. Of course we had to have a new stuffed Easter Bunny. I actually don't remember this little happening. My memories are from the photos that Mother took of us. The last photo below is of Barbara. She was dancing with an Easter Rabbit that was just a little bit taller than she was. I added a little color into some of the photos.




He is Risen





The fun of the Easter Bunny, collecting of Easter Eggs and family meals are meaningful, but the real reason for our celebration of Easter lies in the victory over the grave. Christ defeated death for each one of us. Celebrating the fact that Jesus was willing to give His life for ours in order to give us eternal life and everlasting peace.


Luke 22:44 "And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly; and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground"


"I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner condemned, unclean.
For me it was in the garden
He prayed, 'Not My will, but Thine;
'He had no tears for His own griefs
But sweat-drops of blood for mine.
How marvelous! how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous! how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!"

~Charles H. Gabriel~

Easter Sunday celebrates the day Jesus Christ was resurrected.

Acts 2:24 "But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power"

1 comment:

Benny said...

You have already been sent a picture and told me that you will despatching a jubilee stainless steel strap or a replacement rolex replica uk with the order I just placed. Here is the picture again it was attached to my last purchase. A stainless steel hublot replica uk with roman numerals on a white face. I look forward to getting the additional fake rolex sale I have just paid for model 27054. Please despatch 2727054 together with a 41mm stainless steel jubilee strap replica watches uk from my previous order which was not the MOP face but white with roman numerals.Everything else appears to be the same as the 37398. I ordered a rolex replica uk watch for my husband for Christmas. I was assured I would receive this rolex replica uk in time. I then received an email offering me an alternative as original breitling replica out of stock, accepted replacement. Guess what Rolex replica watches uk still has not arrived.