10.21.2008

One less....


The clock is ticking. I can hear it. Tick Tock Tick Tock.
I know you can hear it too. Why am I listening to the clock? We are in the final days before leaving for China. We have eight, yes eight, days until Rick, Jennifer, Spencer, Peggy and I leave to add a precious little girl to our family. I am excited and nervous all in one. Can that be?


Lets see....what do I have left to do? I need to make one of those list. Check things off when I get them done. I need to make sure I have all my clothes. Shoes......what shoes shall I take? Brown ones? White tennies? Black loafers? I need how many outfits? I am going to be gone 18 days. So I need morning outfits and evening outfits? What is the weather going to be like. Cold or hot? Long sleeves or short sleeves? What about jewelry? Should I take jewelry to match all those outfits I need to pack. Pack? Oh My....! Where is my suitcase? Do I have one big enough? Do I need to take two or three? How many carry on items should I plan on? Should I take a jacket or a coat? And I cant forget all the little things that go in my make-up bag. Like camera, camera accessories, medicines, makeup, shampoo, hair rinse, hairspray, brush, comb, mirror, curling iron, hair dryer, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth rinse, deodorant, umbrella, perfume, electrical outlets, books, face wash, foot cream, tweezers, hemorrhoid cream, motion sickness pills, jet lag pills, dental floss, rain coat, sun screen, bandana, binoculars, batteries, duct tape (dont ask), travel iron, Tylenol, diarrhea medicine, laxative, malaria pills, band aids, sewing kit, matches, flashlight, hat, sink stopper, insect repellent, water purification system. Whew......I am exhausted. I may need a day or two after packing to rest up so I can carry all this stuff to the terminal.


Eight days. Do I have enough time?






No comments: