4.12.2008

Playing with Uncle Tom



Uncle Tom had special company today. Matthew and Abbey came over to play. Abbey liked throwing the pink crazy thing that lights up when you bounce or throw it. She and Uncle Tom threw it back and forth. I think she is really better at it than Tom. She and Tom danced and ate Malted Milk Balls with some nutritious milk. How is that for being a good influence on children? Auntie Cindy and Uncle Tom do the best we can to be the kind of people Mom's and Dad's cringe to see, when they walk through our door. Of course I say that with a smile. =-)




Of course Uncle Tom couldn't ignore Matthew. He didn't throw things, dance or eat those Malted Milk Balls that melt in your hands. He wanted to play the 'I can smile and look cute' game. As you can see Matthew is probably one of the best in Wabash at this game. I am not sure what the rules of the game are, but Uncle Tom didn't cheat today. Matthew beat Uncle Tom hands down.

^5 for a great game Matthew.

Matthew with his 'smile' part of the 'I can' game

He has practiced on this for several days.



Matthew had no problem at all with the 'looking cute' technique. This is a game only babies know how to play best. Older people wish they knew the secret, but it is forbidden to let older people in on it. Matthew is showing Uncle Tom how to play the last part of the game. Uncle Tom tried really hard, but Matthew beat him.

Children are so special. We should cherish them, like the jewels that they are.

Auntie Cindy got to play a little bit. Matthew let her participate in the 'hold me and I will go to sleep' quarter. Of course it is the last part of the game. I guess they don't think I am able to do any other part.




A Heart for Children


One hundred years from now,


It will not matter, what kind of car I drove,


What kind of house I lived in,


How much I had in the bank,


Nor what my clothes looked like.


One hundred years from now it will not matter,


What kind of school I attended,


What kind of typewriter I used,


How large or small my church,


But the world may be ....


A little better because ...


I was important in the life of a child.


~Unknown~


Remember to spread kindness to someone today. It will change their life and yours.

No comments: