7.25.2009

Confusion. . . .

I have days when I get up and I don't know what day it is. It doesn't happen much, but I do experience it once in a while. Saturday was one of those days.

It all started Friday morning when we got a call from Tom's sister telling us that his mother was not good. She was told that she and Tom should probably come as soon as they could. Tom's mother is known as Chig. (long story) She has not been in good health for quite awhile. She would not wake up Friday morning and her vitals were a little low. We hurried to see her. It was a very stressful day (as anyone who has lost a loved one knows) for the entire family. We had her checked and were told there was not anything that the Doctors could do to help her. She is 82 years old. We tried to prepare ourselves for what we expected to be her end time. However she had other plans (or the Lord did). Saturday morning Tom got up early and was going to spend the day with his mother. I was slower getting ready. My mother called to check on my mother-in-law. I somehow was so totally confused. I thought is was Friday and was surprised my Mom and Dad were home so quickly from Dad's radiation treatment. Mom of course was confused why I was surprised they were home. Do you get how my story is proceeding? After learning it was Saturday instead of Friday, Tom and I left to see his mother. We went in separate vehicles. Upon arriving, my granddaughter wanted to put her purse in the trunk of my car. No problem???????? When I got out of my car, I tried to lock the doors using the automatic door lock. It wouldn't work! Duhhhhhhh....I had not turned the car off. It was still running. One of those days ! ! ! ! ! !


We are praying for the Lord's will in the life of my mother-in-law. She has had a great life and has a family that loves her very much. She is the reason that when our children or grandchildren leave us, we all kiss and hug good bye. She always wanted some 'sugar' from her grandkids when we left. That really stuck with me. There is no doubt that she loves her family. May God smile down on her and His will be done.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.





1 comment:

Kathleen said...

May the Lord be especially near to all of you - and your MIL - to bring comfort & healing.

Today is the day the Lord has made, and we will be glad and rejoice in it - - no matter the month or day.

Hugs, prayers and blessings,
Kathleen